All of the CDG information presented here is a draft and is not final.
Community Development Group.
The 'Community Development Group' is a group of D20PRO users who volunteer to assist the D20PRO team in creating content for the virtual tabletop software.
- Motivations to be in this group:
- You're a very creative person.
- You want to run product X for your group, but do not want to do all the work from scratch.
- You want to learn how the designers do things.
- The advantages of being in this group are:
- You get your name listed in the product credits.
- You get to excersize your creative side.
- You get a D20PRO release version of the product you work on.
Becoming a member
Users wishing to help build products and/or do data entry will need to sign an NDA.
- Fill out the questionnaire Google Form.
- Request an NDA from D20PRO support.
- Fill in and sign the NDA via Adobe Verisign.
- Keep a copy of the NDA for your records.
- Arrange a VOIP meeting interview (not formal) on Discord.
- This should be set between M-F 9am-5pm CST.
You should be basicaly familier with and have access to the following things. For details on these please see our Utilities page.
- D20PRO (latest build): You should be comfortable (at least conceptually) with all facits of the application.
- We do not mind assisting you in learning the application, however you should know your way around the basics in the application.
- Photoshop and/or GIMP: basic image manipulation abilities.
- Notepad++ and/or Brackets: basic understanding of plain text document format.
- Acrobat or other PDF viewer: have some form of PDF file viewer.
- Markdown Syntax (Documentation): If you are in the D20PRO Guide Documentation group, you will need to understand markdown as to how it relates to working with MKDocs.
- You will generally work in small groups.
- Please make use of the Forums and/or Discord Channel (CDG) for communicating with each other if need be.
- Small groups will be overseen by one of the staff members.
- Tasks will have dealines
- If you are not sure how to do something, ask within your task group.
- If you are still not sure, ask a staff member.
- It is far better to wait for an answer, than to have to redo work.
- Please -do not- post outside of the group specific Forums or Discord channels about projects.
- We often receive items pre-release or have other reasons for wanting work on a project to not be public knowledge.